Thursday, December 16, 2010

NAE REVIEW

Nåe is a Ambient/Experimental project with qualities of dark metal/industrial/noise, and very cold landscapes. This is not for the timid. The sounds of these tracks paint a picture of many, many layers of dark qualities within one's self, and shows what we lock deep inside within ourselves. This band is a one woman band started by Elenyx and is located somewhere  in the darkest shadows of Norway. Nåe is also a old norwegian word meaning corpse or the dead  and Nålys is a pale blue light that predicts death... pretty heavy stuff I say, and very well thought out concepts behind it all. The songs are trance likel, filled with emptiness, and could drive a man insane if on a a heavy dose of acid I believe. The tracks are other then ambient are well produced, and great sounding, and its just music that takes you to another place... some places where you can go, some places where you do not want to go... its a journey unlike none other that you have experienced in the realm of music before, or in art I should say. It can remind you of Cold World, Burzum, Xasthur, a few others, but many of the sounds have their own strong feeling, at the same time they do not emulate those bands as much as you would think. Every song has its own original and distinct sound. Very good music, and I was a fan since the first listen of the track Lys. The tracks are up at http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/n%C3%A5e and also at myspace. The vocals in Garden Of Magic caught me off guard because all I heard in the past 6 songs was dark ambience, sound scapes that are very vast and very deep... it was a  nice, and a soothing voice. I  hope it is a voice I hear, before I die... it was comforting and very beautiful... The music cant really be nailed to a specific genre, or even described as well as I done because with this type of music, you let your mind get sinked in, you are, you just get deeply sucked into what is going on in the music, you forget about everything else really. When you know the music has stopped, you are unfortunately back to reality. If I could hear music in my dreams, this is what it would sound like. Vannets Kall is another amazing track, sounds repetitive and short, but is a perfect track to end this mix of songs I have just got done listening to. The world of ambient/experimental style of music is coming back in a big way, and I would say this is a band that should be one of the top influential of those type of bands. I really enjoyed these songs and music, and I recommend Nåe to you all! Please show support, and check her music out! "Illusions are art, for the feeling person, and it is by art that you live, if you do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment