Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ECLIPSE ETERNAL - Ubermensch: Evolution Beyond the Species Review (by Dracolord)


When I got this album in the mail, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even know I was to be expecting it. I hadn't heard of Eclipse Eternal before, but I was a pleasantly surprise. Ubermensch: Evolution Beyond the Species is not the most innovative thing to come from the underground, but it is a breath of fresh air production wise. The lo-fi atmosphere that seems to be a prerequisite of the black metal sound gets tiring after being exposed to it for so long. It's just nice to hear a band and be able to tell what is going on musically with their songs.

The album itself can be summed up three words: symphonic black metal. If someone put Dimmu Borgir and a sprinkle of Emperor in a blender, you'd have something sounding like this album. While the guitar riffs aren't amazing, the symphonic elements help fill things out in a pleasing way. I hate to keep gushing about the production values, but they're so great and make the album so much better for it.

There are a couple music videos on youtube for the songs The Dragon Has Come to Blot Out the Stars and The Approaching Storm. I can highly recommend these videos if you're a fan of black metal bands being very serious.

I'm not sure where you can pick up this album, but you can found out by contacting Eclipse Eternal at hellknowsmyname@hotmail.com. Give it a shot, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment